$ 99.00 CAD
Take your first steps toward making your dream of flight a reality! Our Hang Gliding Discovery Course training experience will equip you with the introductory orientation, theory and hands-on skills needed to smoothly launch you to the next stage of your full hang gliding certification training, and inspire you that hang gliding is something you can do!
This is mainly an online course as of 2021 and is a mandatory first step in our training process.
- Gain a solid and informed understanding of the overall sport of hang gliding
- Become familiar with Instinct's training process
- Be better informed and motivated to follow one's dream of flight
- Become familiar with flying equipment, and how to setup and perform a preflight inspection on a glider
- Learn how to handle and maneuver glider on ground and in wind
- Become oriented with standard safety measures and checklists
- Learn and practice glider control basics while on the ground
- Learn and practice key principles on how to launch a hang glider
- Gain experience controlling the glider and practicing launches on flat ground and possibly small slopes
- equipment orientation, glider setup/inspection, safety checklists, control basics on simulator stand, ground maneuvering and launch sequence basics, controlling (floating) the glider and practicing launches on flat ground
- This is the first step to learning to hang glide SOLO and is the pre-requisite training to take to the skies in our Beginner Course!
- Voucher for a free video if you desire to take a tandem flight with us (a $25 value)
Requirements / Notes:
- Moderate physical condition - a fair amount of running/lifting is required during the on-field session
- Must be able to run with 50-70lb glider resting on your shoulders
- Ages: 14 to 80
- Must sign a waiver
- Online course must be completed before attending on-field session.
- Note: This is an instructional-based experience specifically designed to most effectively and confidently start a full hang gliding flight training process. There is ZERO actual flying included in this course
- If you want to simply experience hang gliding for a one-time experience, we recommend you consider going for a tandem flight with us instead.
Current Inventory Levels
**if stock of zero is shown and you can still add the item to you cart, you can place the order and we will advise on a delivery time
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.