Hang Gliding Selfie Stick - Camera Boom
The perfect accessory for any action camera (Drift, GoPro, etc). The panning is one of a kind and allows you to get different angles during the same flight. Construction is top-notch - CNC'd HDPE Engineering Plastic and all hardware is high-quality stainless-steel (other than the aluminum boom).
To buy additional basetube mounting options see here
- Now in three boom configurations:
- approx 24" aluminum boom - made of "previously loved" battens. It gives a great view....any longer and the videos start bouncing (ever-so-slightly)
- 44" two-piece (modular) carbon boom - it gives an improved view, more of the glider and more scenery. It ships in two pieces to save on shipping costs and will still fit in your harness bag nicely
- special edition 44" retractable carbon boom. The outboard carbon tube retracts all the way inside the inboard section and you can pin it in 3 different lengths. It is NOT adjustable in flight
- curved boom "hook" so the boom is mostly out of the picture
- simple standard tripod mount for easy mounting of the Drift - GoPros require their mount
- rubberized clamp on round base-tube - it doesn't scratch your basetube, nor does it rotate
- no need for supporting wire for any configuration
- solo (1.125") or tandem (1.25") versions available
- optional integrated mic cable. Some GoPros need a GoPro audio adapter
- no option for audio with the Carbon booms as they are in two pieces
- thumb-screws on bottom for tool-free installation
- easy to operate top screw to tighten in position in flight
- We strongly recommend using rubber O-ring/washer provided between boom and base and DO NOT over-tighten the nut...you could strip the tapped hole in the basetube block
- Center mounted on base-tube is not recommended for towing operations. The Moyes FAST model can be slid to the centre during flight. Great for different angles during the same flight!
- We recommend panning the boom to the side while tow launching.
- We recommend panning the boom to the side while landing. Be warned, since our basetube blocks are sto sturdy and stable, the boom breaks rather easy when pressed against ground if left straight out
- We recommend you use a lanyard on your camera
- For best audio results, make a simple wind-screen for your microphone
Watch this entertaining tandem video of the boom with audio in action
We do ship World-Wide, however, our online shipping costs are set for North American orders only. If you are elsewhere, just place the order online, set payment terms to COD and we will get you an accurate cost of shipping and figure out payment from there. 4-6 week international delivery is roughly $35 and one-week service is around $80.
** The original GoPro and GoPro HD (pre Hero2) do not have an audio out jack. Just to be clear, the GoPro Hero2 has a 3.5mm audio jack built-in and the GoPro Hero3s need an audio adapter. To attach the audio cable to your GoPro, a hole will need to be drilled into your case.