Tandem Wheels (Castering)
Instinct's own tandem wheels!
When we don't like what we see on the market, we improve on them for ourselves....and then make more to sell! These are hundreds of dollars less than the WW/LMFP tandem wheels set and more than half the price (ane weight) of the Rascal wheels (which are a snag hazard if you step-tow and over-kill for shock-absorbtion if you aero-tow and land on a grass strip)
- Lightweight design (7.5lbs each)
- Aluminum forks
- Solid nylon basetube blocks
- unique, straight angled upright to rest right on the downtube instead of a bent aluminum upright
- 10", solid hub pneumatic wheels
- our Selfie camera mount can mount directly to the nylon block
- bungee cords to affix upright to downtubes
- steering bar - can easily be added to fork if you choose
- we use shaft collars on basetube to keep the blocks in place, especially when breaking down the glider
The wheels CAN castor. We used to use off-the-shelf industrial castors and weld on a bent upright. We found with the bearings in these castors, they swiveled TOO much in flight and often ended up angled or even sideways on landing - not smooth! So ours do not have bearings but castor easily on take-off due to the angle we have set them to, straighten out by lift-off and stay straight during flight in preparation for landing.
Current Inventory Levels
**if stock of zero is shown and you can still add the item to you cart, you can place the order and we will advise on a delivery time
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.